May Allaah bless her, since she completed her 1st round of hifdh, my daughter has now started a new routine for revision. It’s very similar to what she was doing before but just slightly different.
Her new daily routine is as follows:
- She has chosen to read 3 juz every day. She does this while looking in the mushaf. This way she aims to complete recitation of the whole Qur’an every 10 days. She reads at quite a fast pace so it doesn’t take her very long maa shaa Allaah.
- She prepares a minimum of 1 page to read to me without looking in the mushaf. The aim is to read it with accuracy and at a nice medium pace with good tajweed.
- Approximately every 5 days, when she has read 5 pages without looking, she is tested on those 5 pages. We do this by reciting part of an ayah for her in a random place and asking her to complete the ayah without looking.
- When she has read 10 pages we do the same as in the previous step (no.3) except now, we test her on all 10 pages. We continue this way at 15 pages and eventually 20pages (a complete juz).
- Once she arrives at the 20 page test, we start again and only test her for the next 5 pages. We continue this way till the next 20 pages or juz is completed.
Her aim is to complete her 2nd round of hifdh in another 2 years in shaa Allaah.
Her brother aims to follow a similar routine but may opt for 2 juz per day rather than 3.
May Allaah bless them and make it easy for them and us all and aid us in implementation of that which we recite aameen