This is another method of memorisation from the excellent book “Kayfa Tahfathul Qur’aan Al Kareem” By Dr Yahya Al Gawthaany May Allaah reward him with much good for all of his good work.
The method we have chosen today is:
TaHfeeth Al-Atfaal As-Sighaar Bitasjeel Aswaatihim/ Small Children memorising with Tapes of their Voices
There are several ways of memorising with a tape recorder this is one of them. The others will follow in-shaa Allaah .
The Author wrote what could mean:
- Get a tape Recorder and some blank tapes. Then get a child that is 4 years old or more.
- Choose a Surah from the short surahs like Suratun-Naas or Suratul-Falaq.
- Read the first ayah in a nice slow rhythmic voice then tell your child to repeat it after you, recording yours and your child’s voice with the tape recorder.
- Tell your child this is your lesson for today and teach him how to use the tape recorder and give him the tape and tell him ”’listen to it well and memorise it, I will test you in the evening”
- If it is heavy (difficult) for you to make daily recordings then you could record a weeks worth of lessons in one sitting and test him for all of the surahs he memorised on the weekend.
N.B Even though a tape recorder is mentioned a similar device such as an MP3 player can be used to record your voices.
This method can also be used for longer surahs and some child have even gone on to complete the whole Qur’aan using this method Tabaarakallaah.